Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thankful for what I do have

Sometimes it's just way too easy to get caught up in the negatives, or what you view as negatives, in your life. I have been in a rut the past few weeks wishing some things were different, today I had a wake up call that my life is full of amazing and wonderful things. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Kevin is out of work. Bummer. But, bright side, he could have been out of work over two years ago when the layoffs started. He also is still holding his position with the company he was with and has been given a furlough. This means instead of being at the bottom of a list over a hundred deep for work at the hall that he will be the first one offered work once his company has work to give. Another amazing blessing from this is that he is a full-time dad to Stryder. Stryder gets to have a parent home with him and Kevin and I have complete control over exactly the kind of care and developmental activities that are happening. HUGE reward!

Money is tight right now. Bummer. Bright side, money isn't so tight that we are on the street. We have a roof over our heads, we still have cable, we can afford our utilities and food is not in short supply. Yes, I miss going out and I wish we could have done more for my birthday. But, I'm grateful we aren't facing the decisions and realities that so many other families are facing right now. We have our basic needs and a few of the extras. Not bad at all.

Sometimes avoiding the traffic and taking the back roads home gives you an appreciation for all the things you do have in your life. Seeing the poverty and living conditions of those who are really facing tough decisions tends to give you true perspective.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Sorry for your troubles, but YAY for Kev being home with Stryder! That's an amazing reward. Way to have a positive attitude. Keep your chin up Kyleegirl. :)