Thursday, August 21, 2008

HELP! I'm killing it ....

For mother's day Dae'Shawn got me an orchid at first it was beautiful and I thought I was doing a good job of keeping it alive. Usually I give plants a quick death, within days they are completely dried up and gone - Kevin doesn't buy me live plants/flowers anymore.

This time was going to be different. After all my oldest boy who seldom shows any emotion gave me a purple (my favorite color) orchid for mother's day, this was monumental. Well below is the closest thing online I can find to what it looked like when I first got it.




I was going to be smart this time and bring it to work, if I saw it on my desk everyday how in the world could I possible forget about it - Right?? Well despite my love for this plant it is extremely suicidal and is not responding to anything. I tried new soil, less water, more water, more sunlight, less sunlight nothing is working. I even tried motivational speeches, nothing is working. Well the other day the last of the large leaves at the bottom fell off. I'm left with a dead dry stalk and a very tiny green leaf.



WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?? Maliek thinks it's hilarious and Dae was slightly offended when he was at the office last. Someone in internet land has got to know what I can do to bring this back. Please help :)

4 comments:

Tracy said...

First... orchids are quite possibly the hardest flower to take care of! So take heart. It's not all you. now, call adam. He is a genious when it comes to plants.Love ya!

Tracy said...

Orchids need humidity. and each variety of orchid is different than all the others. Research online. Some orchids dry out all the way and then grow again, so it may be part of its natural cycle.

Kylee and Kevin Ostler said...

Muchos gracias! I am going to try again with a brand new healthy orchid :)

Jen said...

Hey it's the Campbells. We are making our blog private so if you want an invite please send her your email address! Hope all is well!
jen3ray@hotmail.com