Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hell Week

It's hell week right now, last week was run week (pretty much the same thing but a legal way to drag it out). Dae'Shawn has been doing two a days and the practices are going late twice everyday. He's exhausted. He wakes up at 5:00am to get to practice on time, gets home around 11 or so, sleeps then wakes up to be at the 6:00pm practice. Last night practice went over.... again.

Dae is the one laying down between the coaches.


I got to the high school at 8:30 and the boys were still on the field, poor guys. I'm guessing someone said the 'f' word again after a bad play. The coach told the boys next guy to say it will give the entire time work. And they were definitely working, the coach told them they'd keep running over each other until he saw them actually work at it. (see photo) Once practice was over I expected the poor kid to be exhausted and ornery instead he was pumped and more awake then I've seen him in awhile.

Dae is the closest one running over the other players.


Yes, he's tired, very tired but he cannot wait for the season to start. Driving his buddy home last night they were talking about how they don't even notice their girdles at practice anymore. The smell however could not be ignored, WOW, I took Kevin's car instead of the Durango and man was the smell worse in the PT Cruiser. Good thing his room is on the complete opposite side of the house.......


Team huddle after practice. It's very dark and well after 9:00pm

There is a scrimmage this weekend, in the heat of the Vegas afternoon. He'll be playing three other high schools in quick games. I'm sure I'll be posting many many more football pictures and blogs in the next couple months. I understand if you ignore me for awhile, everyone at my house has football fever right now :) .

PS Sorry about the pictures, I took them with my phone so not the best quality and no zoom.

No comments: