Saturday, September 3, 2011

35 Weeks

Wow - my blogging goals are shot! I can't believe that I've waited this long to update.

The pregnancy is going well so far. And by well I mean that the baby is doing great - I'm miserable :). I'm convinced after this last week that the end of pregnancy is your bodies way of mentally preparing you for child birth. The discomfort and exhaustion actually makes you want to shove a watermelon out of a place that was never supposed to be that size. Honestly, I'm completely freaked out about childbirth. I've always wanted to be a mom, I can't remember a time as a little girl that I didn't dream of being a mom. But the actual getting the baby here part freaks me out!

I've always told people that my two boys are perfect - adoption made them that way - they didn't give me any stretch marks, no painful labor, no up all nights or diapers and potty training. Now, all joking aside, I'm freaked out about taking care of a new baby. I'm a control freak and there is nothing about the next few weeks (or months for that matter) that I can really control or predict. But, I'm also so excited to have him here!!

We still don't have a name for the little pirate. I like Kameron Michael, Kevin really likes Travis Ryan or Ryan James and Maliek wants to name him Chandler. I guess we'll know when we see him. We have everything we need but a crib mattress and we'll be getting that this weekend. The nursery is set up, the bassinet Kevin surprised me with has perfect little bedding his mother made ready to go. My hospital bag is packed, the diaper bag is packed, his coming home outfit is ready. The car seat will be installed this week. All we need now is a baby. His movements are so strong now and Kevin can really see him moving around under my skin. Kevin thinks it's hilarious to poke my almost outie belly button because the baby kicks back every single time.

We've been blessed with the timing of Kevin's layoff and he will get to stay home with the baby the first few months. This has really taken a huge load off my mind about daycare and going back to work. I'm hoping to go back after 4 weeks, knowing Kevin is home will make that goal a little easier. The loss of his check has hurt but we knew it was coming and planned as best we could. Now baby and daddy can spend time together through at least the holidays. He should be back to work in January as long as everything goes according to plan. It's crazy to think that we will have a baby home for Christmas this year. We've tried for so long to have one I'd let myself give up on the thought of a baby's first Christmas. This is really going to be a year to remember!

Below is a slide show from 13 weeks to now of my baby bump. My Aunt Karen has insisted that I post pictures, thanks to her I have this photo log of my ever growing bump.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I'm so excited for you! And try not to stress too much about the whole labor and delivery thing. It's a little uncomfortable, but the nurses at the hospital are great at getting you through it and when it's over you'll forget all about the bad parts. You'll be holding your tiny little guy and you'll be so amazed by him that you won't have any other thoughts in your head. :)Babies first Christmas! I'm so excited for you!