Tuesday, February 22, 2011

8 Weeks

I hit 8 weeks today! This is the farthest I've ever made it in a pregnancy. Kevin and I were able to see the heartbeat a little over a week ago, it was extremely exhilarating. When we first announced to everyone we were pregnant I thought I was so much farther along based on my cycle. I was really scared initially once we found out I was only a few weeks along. I was petrified that the world would know I was pregnant and I would then have to immediately tell them all I miscarried. But, on the last visit the doctor gave us great news saying that there is only a 3% chance of that now. I cannot even begin to describe the comfort this brings me. After 9 years, several miscarriages and a lot of tears it's hard to believe this is actually happening.

Kevin has been beyond adorable. He keeps reaching out for my stomach at night, he's all about helping pick stuff out and he just glows when he talks about a baby. He has been such a wonderful to our two boys I just know that he is going to be wonderful with a baby too. My official due date is October 5th, I'll likely ask my doctor to induce me early so it is easier to plan everything with work and leave my clients in order before disappearing for a few days. Right now the symptoms of the pregnancy are taking their toll. I'm really having a hard time keeping food down, I have ALL DAY sickness - not morning sickness. I'm always tired and spend the day yawning and yearning for a nap. But I do take comfort in what my doctor told me - these symptoms are a good sign that things are going well.

We are both very much hoping for a little girl, with the two boys already we'd both love the experience of a little princess. My doctor won't determine sex until at least 18 weeks (so much later than most doctors) I really can't wait to find out and am counting down the days.

All in all, things are looking up and I'm very hopeful for a smooth 2011 with the latter part of the year bringing us a new little bundle of joy.

No comments: